Monday, December 30, 2013
I am convinced that December goes faster than any other month of the year. It seems like I run around like a crazy woman trying to get stuff done before the kids are out of school. And we are super busy at work so I usually end up working more hours than most months. On top of that there is decorating, shopping, baking, cooking, entertaining, and kids to keep up with. Here's a rundown of this month.
1. My oldest son hit the game winning 3 point buzzer beater shot at an away basketball game. It was also his team's first win of the season. His team stormed the court. I was not there. Biggest Mom Fail of the year.
2. My twins made the 3rd grade All Star basketball team. They won their game and were so excited to be on the team. Proudest Mom Moment of the Year.
3. I gave up on a couple of Christmas traditions this year. I did not make my Christmas tree french toast, and no one really missed it. I did make pancakes and bacon. Also in the past I took each boy to Hallmark to pick out an ornament. I either waited too long to go look, or my boys are getting too old, or maybe a little bit of both. But I did not buy any Hallmark ornaments this year!
4. I got braces! Yes, it's true. One of my front teeth has shifted way back, so I made an appointment with my long ago (the 1990s) orthodontist. Yes, he still has an office! On the phone they said it would just be a 15 minute consultation. So he looked at my mouth, quoted me a price, and said we can do it now. I left with a bottom jaw full of metal. They are going to work on my bottom teeth first and then work on the top. Good Times!! I totally forgot how painful braces are.
5. I am looking forward to 2014. I will be 40 in August! I am working on setting some goals and thinking what I want to do for my 40th birthday. And hopefully my braces will be off before I turn the big 4-0!!
Monday, December 9, 2013
The other day I was driving home through a different part of our small Midwest Indiana town, when I cam upon this. I thought wow, this guy is trying to pass garden hoes off as Christmas gifts this year. What every girl wants...a garden hoe. Then I realized I had just passed the Greatest Christmas Decoration Ever!!
Ho! Ho! Ho!
Christmas lights and blow up Santas are way over rated when you can go to the shed andthrow some red bows on your hoes. It makes taking down the decorations much easier also.
Tuesday, December 3, 2013
I cannot believe November is over! This year has gone by faster than any other year so far. We must be having fun because time sure is flying!! I've not been blogging much lately. I've been a little busy and lazy. I also post pictures on Instagram a lot, so I get lazy when it comes to blogging.
Megan and Garret traveled to Indiana with Poppy from Colorado. That is a long road trip! They were here with us for a week, and this is one of the two pictures I have of Megan. I have none of Garret! This is Megan and I sleeping in an RV in Kentucky. We went down to see Steve's mom, brother and wife. They didn't have enough room for all of us to sleep, so we ended up in the RV. Luckily neither of us had to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night! Fun times!!
The boys always love seeing Molly! She is the biggest sweetest dog ever. She loves to climb in laps. And the boys don't leave her alone! I think she likes all of the attention, but she will not look at the camera!
Steve's brother who was in the Army got out some kind of bomb squad kit for Noah. Noah proceeded to practice soldering most of Thanksgiving day. He was actually pretty good at it. Who knows what he will solder next?!?
On Saturday we went to Home Depot and got our Christmas tree. We got a fraser fir this year! It is not poky at all. Last year no one would help me decorate the tree because it hurt to touch the branches. So I thought I would get a little help this year, but I was wrong! I have the lights on and a few decorations. Now I just need to unbox my large tubfull of Hallmark ornaments. I love their ornaments, but taking them out of the packaging every year is a pain! Hopefully I will do it before December 25th!