Thursday, November 6, 2008

To Wii or Not to Wii


Last night my friend Becky and I took a trip to Costco to shop and browse. I think we spent more time in the toy aisles than anything else. At the front entrance they had their Wii display. I've been contemplating getting one for the boys for Christmas. So I started adding up the price of the console, an extra hand controller, numb-chucks, age appropriate games, and the list goes on... The minimum amount I would spend would be around $300. So we kept talking and thinking about it the whole trip.

Later at Starbucks (because all shopping trips must include Starbucks!) Becky brought up our Mexico mission trip we went on in March (just 7 months ago). She said it was crazy that we were sitting around thinking how we were going to spend $300 at Christmas when others so close to us have so little. And yes it is crazy! I am almost certain the little boy Noah befriended could care less about a Wii. I pray the Lord will help me remember this more often!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Wii Wii !!! Oh wait, Oui Oui!!! (get it- french- parle vous francais?
Oh I'm nuts!!!!!!!!
Anyway, let's get blogging girlfriend! You keep checking out my blog and I keep checking out yours but it's like you're having an emotional crisis over whether or not to get the Wii and therefore you shut down blogging...GET IT TOGETHER!!!
Oh, and by the way, my Dad just called with a proposition...me paint his family room and bathroom in exchange for a wii system???Hmmmm....what shall I do?

Susan said...

Oh, and by the way, did you notice MckMama has been visiting my blog...yah, I'm cool- you can touch me tomorrow if you want :0)
hee hee hee!!!