Sunday, May 30, 2010

Savor the Season

Summer is here. Which means lots of time with my boys. Lots of fighting. Lots of nagging. Lots of complaining. And hopefully lots of LOVE and FUN. I'm co-leading a book study for some fellow MOPS moms, and this is my favorite story from the book so far. I can totally relate. And I will plan to enjoy the season!

"The peaches are great," the jovial Peach Philosopher encouraged when we pulled off the road in front of her fruit stand. "Try one," she continued, handing us each a thick, juicy slice.

"Yummmmm," we agreed trying to decide how many we would purchase.

"Get a whole bushel," she urged, "and eat your fill. That way you won't have any regrets when peach season is over."

As we drove away with a bushel on the backseat, I knew she'd given me a tip for life. Seize and savor the moments of the season you're in. That way, you'll have fewer regrets when the season ends.

Taken fromFive-Star Families by Carol Kuykendall

No comments: