Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Vote for my story!!

TWIN POOP WAR!!!

One Sunday afternoon, I laid my precious twin 3 year old boys down for a nap. We were working on potty training, but weren't there yet. They were tired, and I was ready for them to sleep so I could get some housework done. I did get some housework done, but they apparently never went to sleep. I could hear them talking and laughing with each other, but then it got quiet, so I assumed they were sleeping. After what I deemed an appropriate amount of time for them to rest, I made my way upstairs to get them out of their beds.

As I started walking up the stairs, I noticed a distinct smell of poop in the air. I just thought maybe they both had pooped in their diapers and that's why they never went to sleep. Upon opening their bedroom door, I was overcome by the stench of poop. After the initial shock, I looked around and saw poop everywhere. Three year old twin boy poop. EVERYWHERE. It was in their hair, between their toes, smeared on their mattresses, all over the walls, the crib bars, sheets, and their clothing. Pretty much everywhere except their diapers. So after about a two and a half minute meltdown by myself, I quickly called for help (and bleach)! Needless to say, their room and everything in it received a good old fashioned bleaching. And for about 2 weeks, every time you walked by their room, you could smell bleach and a faint hint of poop.

Thankfully my boys are past the poop war stage! We haven't had another one since.

This story is posted on the Clorox Bleachable Moments contest page. To vote for my story click here. Wouldn't it be great if my boys helped me win a prize!

No comments: