Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Harley Grace

This is a long overdue post about my new granddaughter, Harley Grace!  Harley chose to make her appearance on Christmas Day.  How can you top that Christmas present?  You really can't!  I think every Christmas gift in the future will pale in comparison to this little bundle of Christmas joy.  I hope she doesn't hate having her birthday on Christmas when she gets older!



My dear husband let me fly out to Colorado in January to visit Harley and her parents.  I am such a lucky gal!  I decided my new name would be Glammy.....a friend of mine said young grandmas are now being called glam-maws, and I loved this name.  On my way to Colorado, the name Glammy came to mind, and I decided that was what I would call myself.  How does it feel to be a 40 year old Glammy?  Well just a little strange.  It's also weird that my 13 year old and 9 year olds are uncles!  All of us couldn't be any happier with our new titles!  The boys get to meet Harley in March when Megan & Garret come for a week of her Spring Break.


Megan told me my #1 goal while visiting was to get Harley to sleep in her bassinet.  I quickly accomplished that goal!  Although I think she slept because it was me who placed her there.  If her momma tried to lay her down, she would have none of it.  I tried to let Megan take a few naps, but I remember how hard it was to sleep with baby noise (no matter how quiet the noise is).


Megan and I did go into town a few times, we watched a couple of movies, we got a pedicure (poor Harley had to smell the nail salon fumes for an hour!), we ate at Souper Salad, my favorite restaurant in Pueblo, CO, and we hung out at Starbucks.  The rest of the time, I just got to hang out with this little cutie!


Now I keep getting adorable pictures from Megan.  Harley has changed so much the last few weeks.  She's definitely getting bigger and cuter.  I got her the I LOVE MY UNCLE shirt before she was born.  Girl has lots of uncles who will love her back!  And that picture of her smiling....oh my word!  March cannot get here fast enough.  I cannot wait to see this little girl (and her parents), but mostly just HER!!!



No comments: