Thursday, September 13, 2007

No holes in Jeans

Today I started my day with an argument with my dear 17 year old daughter. She is a senior in high school. At the beginning of the year parents got dress code notes saying "There will be no holes in jeans permitted". Twice now my daughter has tried to get out of the house with holey jeans. Everytime she gets caught it's drama drama....you're ruining my life....thanks for ruining my day! She tries to make valid points like: the holes are below my knees, everyone does it, all the teachers like me, the principal loves me, etc....But I have stood my ground. Hopefully this is the last time. I went to a very conservative Christian high school (skirts below the knees, hose required, etc...) so this is a far cry from what I tolerated when I was 17! Or maybe I'm just getting paid back like my mom always said I would :) Anyways, my day got better after all that, thankfully.
The twins and I went to story time at the library and they were little angels. I was so proud of them! Hope you all have a great Thursday!
Denise

No comments: