Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Whole 30 So Far This Year

I thought I'd do a Whole 30 2018 update.... I know everyone's been waiting for this 😃

JANUARY
I started a new round of Whole 30 on January 1st.  After more than 2 months of awful eating (hello Reese's pumpkins and trees, Halloween candy, Thanksgiving, and Christmas food everywhere), I felt awful.  My clothes were getting tight.  My scrubs at work were getting tight.  The Christmas chub really caught up with me.  I'm not going to lie, this round of Whole30 was my worst one!  I felt better, but not amazing like other rounds.  My clothes fit a little better.  And I started really training for the mini marathon which is May 5th (Cinco de Mayo).  I finished my 30 days, and went back to "normal" eating.

FEBRUARY
For some reason February seemed like a really long month, even though it's the shortest.  Weird.  I continued adding miles each week to my running.  I would do a short (3.1 mile) run on Wednesdays, then a longer run on Saturdays.  Our gym started a running club, so a co-worker and I would meet at 8 am Saturdays to run.  I also started eating more.  My mindset was "hey I'm running lots of miles each week, so I can eat whatever I want", which is totally the wrong way to think.  I would buy a treat that would turn into 3 or 4 days of eating junk.  Then Monday would come and I'd try to start eating healthier, then the cycle of running/poor choices would continue.  Crazy!!

MARCH
More running.  More bad eating.  Every time I would start to make better choices, something would pop up.  I know.  Life happens.  Easter candy makes a yearly appearance.  Chocolate is on sale...I buy it....I tell myself "it's for the kids"....then next thing I know I've eaten an entire 6 pack of Reese's Eggs. (do you see a theme here?!?)  I should know better by now.  I keep adding more mileage every week.  And I tell myself a new round of Whole30 will start the day after Easter...April 2nd!!

APRIL
Easter arrives.  I eat a lot of food.  I eat a lot of dessert.  My niece made a three layer cake with buttercream frosting, and I eat a large piece.  I'm almost to the point of nausea from food-overload.  I know Whole30 starts tomorrow.  So I wake up Monday morning rearing to go.  By 3:00 that afternoon I'm dizzy, nauseous, and have a horrible headache.  I try hydrating and finally take some tylenol.  I want to go to bed.  I know that 2 months of eating junk is not good, and my body is telling me this same information.  Thankfully I wake up feeling much better the next day, and every day after that!  I'm doing well this round, and I'm going to feel great for the Indy Mini Marathon.  I've had two 10 mile runs the last two weeks, and have not died yet!  My clothes fit so much better.  My scrubs aren't tight...hallelujah!  We have to order our scrubs at work, and I didn't want to have to go up a size!  I keep telling myself to remember how good I feel right now.  I'll update once the #IndyMini is over!!

1 comment:

Healing Broken heart said...

Love - Single, Divorce, Triangle Relationships, Long distance Relationships, Third party Interference, Long Term Stagnant Relationships inbox Me , whatsapp (+ 234 (815) 542-5481 /templeofanswer@hotmail . co . uk )