Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Ain't It Funny How Life Changes.....


Well I realize it's been a very long time (almost 8 months!) since I've written here!  The last time I wrote I was getting ready for the Indy Mini Marathon in May, I was doing another Whole30, I was living my everyday normal life: going to work, taking care of kids and a house.  Well I did complete another Whole30 (HOLLAR!).  I also got another PR at the race on May 5th (HOLLAR!).  Life was pretty good.  The school year was winding down for the kids.  And this is about the time the proverbial rug got pulled out from beneath me.  My (then) husband filed for divorce.  There had been conversations about this topic before, but I obviously did not have my eyes or ears open, nor did I believe this would ever happen to me.  So I found myself looking back at the past 22 years of my life and everything that I believed and thought and trusted in.  My life as I knew it no longer existed.  

Ain't it funny how life changes
You wake up, ain't nothing the same and life changes
You can't stop it, just hop on the train and
You never know what's gonna happen
You make your plans and you hear god laughing
Life changes, and I wouldn't change it for the world, the world, oh no
And I wouldn't change it for the world, the world, oh no  (Life Changes ~Thomas Rhett)

There are many things I could say about what led to my husband filing for divorce.  But I do not feel this is the place to air my dirty laundry.  I also know that there are two sides to every story and there is also the truth.  I just have been reminding myself over and over that everything happens for a reason.  It may takes weeks, months, even years to figure it all out.  But nothing in life is wasted and there is always something to learn.  I've also learned that just about every country song is about a relationship, a break up, or getting over a relationship or break up!!  


So what have I been doing the last 7 months?!? (besides listening to country music)

1.  I've learned A. LOT. about myself.  I've learned I am way stronger than I thought I could ever be.  I've learned I can get shit done!  I've become way more independent than I thought I ever could be.  I've dealt with things I never thought I'd have to deal with.  I've become a happier person.  I've focused a lot on myself.  I've gotten sad and mad, but have quickly gotten over it.  I also found out how many people really love me!  #NewMe

2.  I bought my house from my ex and myself.  I applied and qualified for a mortgage all by myself.  I got that done in less than 60 days!  I then decided to paint my horrible orange and brown kitchen a beautiful shade called Mindful Gray and absolutely love it.  It's amazing what a new paint color can do.  It's kind of like starting all over which I felt like I did every single morning I got up. #BeginAgain

3.  I picked up more hours at work.  I officially became a 40 hours/week employee.  Something I hadn't done in over 15 years!  I also had to get my own insurance benefits from my employer. Something I hadn't done in over 21 years!  So basically I became a functioning member of society all by myself.  #LifeGoals

4.  I've done more things that I never had to do before.  Yard work.  Unclog toilets. Take out the garbage.  I've also learned to take care of myself.  I've clung to everything that Whole30 taught me.  I decided I could either get fit or fat the last 7 months.  A friend from work and I decided at the last minute to sign up for a fall mini marathon.  I think we had less than 8 weeks to train for it.  And wouldn't you know we crushed it!  I got my PR in November with a time I never would have thought possible.  I have been healthier this time of year than I can ever remember.  No Christmas chub for me this year....hallelujah! #TakingCareOfBusiness

I cling to the promise that "The Best is Yet To Come!!"  When someone tells me, "You look happier" (which has happened several times), that is the best compliment I can receive.  I truly believe the best years of my life are ahead of me.  





1 comment:

Healing Broken heart said...

Love - Single, Divorce, Triangle Relationships, Long distance Relationships, Third party Interference, Long Term Stagnant Relationships inbox Me , whatsapp (+ 234 (815) 542-5481 /templeofanswer@hotmail . co . uk )