Thursday, September 6, 2012

A sign of the times

Winter is coming.  It comes every year.  Although it is still September and hot and humid here in Indiana, we all know winter will be here.  The past few years we have been using a wood burning stove in our house.  This means every fall my husband starts cutting and splitting wood and bringing it home in big piles. 

Then we all go out in the back yard and help my husband stack the wood.  And then we wait for fall to end and cold weather.  Then we start hauling the wood inside, cranking up the wood burning stove, and then I get to sweep the floor a few hundred times a day.  But I'm not complaining because our gas heating bill stays very low and we stay very warm!
While we are waiting for winter to arrive, I have also started a countdown to the Duck Dynasty!  The one show my husband and I watch together.  Since Downton Abbey doesn't start until January, this is what I have to look forward to in October.  October 10th Jack!!  In the words of Si Robertson, "it's on like Donkey Kong!!"

No comments: