Wednesday, December 12, 2012

What I did on 12/12/12

I have always loved numbers!  I love it when the clock says 12:34.  I love to add up numbers and see what they are divisible by (I think I learned this in 5th grade).  So I was very excited about the date today.

My husband decided to schedule surgery for this day.  He was pretty sure nothing could go wrong on 12/12/12.  He was under anesthesia at 12:12, so he had my son take a picture of the date and time for him.  He had the TIF (Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication) procedure done for his very bad reflux.  He is hoping to be medication free in 2 weeks.  Hopefully his new "flapper" (as he calls it) will work!

Today we had our MOMSnext meeting at our church.  I am so blessed to be the coordinator of this wonderful group of moms.  We had lots of yummy food (someone brought cranberry bliss bars from Starbucks....heaven) and a favorite things gift exchange.  Each mom brought a gift for the exchange.  I loved hearing everyone's story about the item they brought.  I gave away a Chick-Fil-A calendar, one of my favorite places to eat.  My kids love the play area, and I love their peppermint chocolate chip shakes this time of year!!

The boys and I are going to get some dinner, then head to the hospital to see their dad.  He is required to spend the night.  They do not want him to get nauseous, so he had to get anti-nausea medicine around the clock.   If all goes well, he will be released in the morning.

After all of today's excitement, I am looking forward to a quiet day at home tomorrow!

No comments: