Thursday, May 9, 2013
3 Goals for the Day!
I had three goals for today.
1. Sell my big pile of books at Half Price Books
2. Find a pair of capris that fit
3. Get my free Cinnabon for Nurse's Week
Here's how it all turned out.
1. I went to the location for Half Price Books and the store was gone. So I got out my (very smart) phone and researched where it went. I found out it moved a few miles away. I found the address and thought I knew where it was. I only drove through 3 strip malls before I finally found it. I sold my big pile of books for 32 bucks. I had never sold books there before, and everyone I talked to said they got offered 20 bucks no matter how many books they took in to sell. So I was happy with the amount they offered and quickly took the deal. It was so hard not to buy more books, but I resisted the urge and left with my cash in hand!
2. I tried on some khaki capris one place and they were very baggy. Then I went to the Buckle. I had a $10 coupon and a gift card left over from Christmas. I tried on 7 items all together and decided to just buy one pair of capris. I really like them. When I got to the checkout, the sales gal offered me an adorable Buckle beach towel for only $5. I gave in and got the towel. (I never give in to impulse buys, but it was really really cute!)
3. I thought for sure there was a Cinnabon at the mall I went to. I was all ready with my work ID badge stating I am an RN! As it turned out, there was no Cinnabon at the mall (big frowny face). There was an Aunt Annies pretzel and the Great American Cookie Co., but no Cinnabon. So I didn't meet this goal.
My kids only have 13 more days of school. So I know my days of goals will be coming to an end. It's hard to go to one store let alone multiple stores with kids in tow. I probably won't be setting very many goals this summer!