Wednesday, January 15, 2014

January Currents

I cannot believe January is half over!  Every time I write the date I have to do a double take. We are busy with basketball, school, jobs, and trying to stay sane.  Here is what I am doing this month!

Current Reads: Divergent (by Veronica Roth), David and Goliath (by Malcolm Gladwell), Hands Free Mama (by Rachel Macy Stafford), and The Bible.  I have a big stack of books that I carry around the house with me!

Current Shows: Biggest Loser, Downton Abbey, Duck Dynasty, The Middle, Parenthood, and I could keep adding to this list.  In my defense, I still only watch television while I am doing the elliptical at night.

Current Drink: I drink way more coffee in the winter months.  I've been drinking a lot of it with sugar free creamer.

Current Want:  I am really debating buying a new {to me} car.  I have been trying to save money for a while and can't make up my mind.  I really thought I wanted a car for my 40th birthday, then I wanted one last week, then I couldn't decide if I really wanted to do this, or just save the money!  So I still haven't made a decision!!

Current Plans:  Just getting into the school routine again.  After our two week Christmas break, we had really bad weather with lots of snow and sub-zero weather.  So the boys were out of school for another whole week.  After 3 days of school we are all tired and ready for a weekend.

Current Music:  I love the song Sunny and 75 by Joe Nichols.  Every time I get into a freezing cold car I start singing it hoping it will warm me up!

Current Goal:  I made one resolution this year, to read through the Bible.  This is something I have never done!  A friend from Colorado inspired me to do this when she posted about it in December on Facebook.  It was the one resolution she had kept in her entire life.  I am determined to keep this up!

Current Addiction: Instagram.  I check it way too often.  But I have to keep up with my 12 year old son.  So that is how I justify my addiction!

No comments: