Saturday, January 25, 2014

Six on a Saturday Night

1.  It is cold here.  Bitter cold.  I really don't like cold.  It's supposed to get even colder next week.  Hibernation sounds really good right now.

2.  Last week, my kids missed one day of school, and they had two-hour delays the other four days.  A friend posted on FB that she wished a two-hour delay meant they stayed two hours later in the afternoon!  I wish that was the case also.  We do all get to sleep in two more hours, but then the time they are at school goes way faster, and my productivity goes way down!!

3.  So far we have to make up two days during Spring Break.  If we miss any more days, we will miss more of the first week of Spring Break.  We are guaranteed our full second week of Spring Break.  The joys of the balanced calendar in our school district!

4.  I am so thankful for our wood burning stove.  Yes it makes a mess all over the floor, and it's really cold when we have to bring in wood.  But it keeps our house warm and saves us lots of money on our gas bill!  The boys camp out in front of the fire to keep warm.

5.  My oldest son lost his school team basketball shorts!  He has a game on Tuesday, so I'm not sure what he's going to do.  I keep thinking they will turn up, but they are not in our home. I've looked everywhere.  I'm sure we will have to pay to replace them if he doesn't find them. He's lost a bathing suit, American Eagle underwear (not cheap & who loses underwear?!?), a gatorade sports bottle, a really nice Nike sweatshirt, and now the shorts this year!  Not sure what I'm going to do with him.

6.  We went to my nephew's sixth birthday party today.  It was super windy, there were snow drifts and icy roads, and it was freezing!  But we braved the weather and the kids got to burn off some energy at the Jaycie Phelps Athletic Center.  Then we went to Chick-Fil-A and TJ Maxx.  Coming home there were more snow drifts and icy roads.  Now we are safe and warm and settled in for the night!

1 comment:

gay pangburn said...

Make me some red velvet puppy chow PLEASE!!!