Thursday, November 15, 2007

You never know...

It's amazing how you never really know what's going on in other's lives. A couple from our church, whom we don't really know all that well, have been communicating with my husband and myself. They are definitely being added to my prayer list. It breaks my heart to hear of struggles and hard times. I know no marriage is perfect, and we always put our best "faces" on for church. This just serves as a reminder that my marriage should not be taken for granted, and I need to be constantly relying on God.

I just got the book "It's All About Him" by Denise Jackson (Alan Jackson's wife). The Him she is referring to is God, not Alan! I can't wait to read it. That is my weekend project.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's sad to see marriages in trouble!

Ashley said...

It is amazing to me how many people go into marriage thinking that it is always going to be "Perfect". Like we all know, that is not the truth. All relationships, marriages especially, takes hard work, committment,compromising...I could go on and on. I remember a sermon from my pastor talking about the cycles of marriage. It was very eye opening but very true.