Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Summer's Coming!

It's March 6th. My children have been in school for almost 7 months now. I keep thinking what have done these last seven months? I had very good intentions, but very poor follow through. We have had zero snow days so far this school year, which means the school year will be finished on time. School will be over before Memorial Day...yikes! When summer comes, all of my productivity comes to a screeching halt. There are a few things that I have learned about myself this year and I am totally willing to embrace them.

1. My scrapbooking days are over. I have not touched a photo in years. I have not organized my photos in years. I have so many photos in my iPhoto account, it's not even funny. I cannot for the life of me remember which pictures I have actually printed, resulting in 6 copies of some pictures and 0 of others.

2. No matter how much I clean, there will still be messes. Little boy messes and big boy messes. There is only so much cleaning one momma can do before she throws her hands up in the air in complete surrender.

3. We are a loud family. Very very loud family. I have tried to tell my boys that our new name is the Whisper Family. They laugh at me then start yelling (about whatever strikes their fancy). We will never be the Whisper Family.

No comments: