Thursday, March 29, 2012

Happy 11th birthday to my oldest son!!

I can hardly remember what I did yesterday, but I can remember March 30, 2001 like it was yesterday. The day you were born.

And now you are eleven, and you are growing and changing every day. I think about you as a grown up and wonder every day if I am doing the right thing.

I wonder if you will be tall.

Or athletic.

Or popular.

Or class president.

I wonder where you will go to college.

And what your career choice will be.

And who you will marry.

And what your kids will look like.

Because the last 11 years have flown by, I’m assuming the next 11 years and the 11 years after that will fly by also.

Which makes me sad and happy all at once. When you were little we used to take neighborhood bike rides, and you would show me the big house with giant windows where you wanted to live as a grown up. Just down the street from us so we could see each other all the time. But as you have gotten older, I think you realize there is a much bigger world out there, and you will be more than ready to conquer it.

You are strong.

You are a leader.

You make me proud.

And I will always love you!

Act justly. Love Mercy. Walk humbly with your God. Micah 6:8

No comments: