Thursday, November 29, 2012

What to write about?

I feel like I have a lot of things I want to blog about these days, but I feel like I don't have the time it takes to sit down and come up with something coherent.  So I will just talk about a few random things.

Today is my 15th wedding anniversary.  I chose to celebrate by working some extra hours at my job (we get so busy towards the end of the year)!  My husband chose to celebrate by spending the day out in the woods hunting.  We have to be the most romantic couple in the world!  Fifteen years goes by really fast.  I remember the weekend we got married it was unseasonably warm for Indiana, and gas cost 99 cents a gallon.  I remember the gas price because my college best friend and I couldn't believe how cheap gas was.  I think we talked about it a lot that weekend!

For our tenth anniversary, we spent a week in Hawaii.  So for our fifteenth anniversary, I decided I wanted a new wedding ring.  I have been talking about this off and on for a few years.  And this year my husband made me go ring shopping.  We went to two stores, and I came out empty handed.  I just could not bring myself to spend thousands of dollars on a new ring.  I decided to get my old ring's prongs fixed and dipped in rhodium.  It looks a thousand times better and only cost eighty bucks.  My sister thinks I am crazy for not buying a ring.  Oh well, maybe in five more years I will be ready!

No comments: