Wednesday, July 31, 2013

First Day of School

 Before I talk about the first day of school, I wanted to talk about the last few days of our summer break. Whenever I tell someone where our house is located in our neighborhood, they usually respond, "oh the house with all the bikes in the yard!".  And you know what, I wouldn't want it any other way.  I love that kids love to come over to our house and I hope that never changes.  I came home from a walk the other night and this reminded me of that fact!


The last weekend of summer break, we had movie night with a few of our neighbor friends.  They stayed until 11:30 to finish the movie.  We went through lots of popcorn, M&Ms, and drinks that night, but everyone had a great time.  My twins are on the backs of the 11 year old twins that live 6 houses down.  And the boy in the middle lives right next to us.  Lots of boys!!


The day before school started {Tuesday}, I woke everyone up at 6:18 with promises of Sweet Shop donuts.  We have the best donut shop in our town.  I say this because I have eaten my fair share of donuts in my lifetime.  They are made fresh every morning, and you have to get there really early, or they will run out!  So we all came home, ate donuts, and then sat on the couch in sugar comas.  The plan was to tire them out, so they would get in bed early that night.  And it pretty much worked.  The twins were asleep by 8:30 and Noah was asleep by 9:45!  So all that staying up until midnight and sleeping in until 10 or 11 AM is over! {until this weekend!!}


And lastly here is the boys on their first day of school.  I have one 7th grader {he is at the jr. high school this year} and two 3rd graders {they are at their same school for one more year}.  Everyone had a great day, and they are ready to go back tomorrow morning!  Momma is happy happy happy!!!



No comments: