Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer's Almost Over!!

I cannot believe the boys go back to school in 4 days!  This summer really went fast. (I feel like a broken record because I've said this so many times the last 8 weeks)!!  There is something about going back to school in July that makes it seem a little strange.  My birthday is August 5th, and I never had to go to school on my birthday.  If I were still in school, I think I would be mad about this.  I do have to work on my birthday this year, and I think I will be okay turning 39 and being at work!

Two weeks ago, my husband and I got a five day vacation from our boys.  My mom took the twins for 5 whole days.  They were only 15 minutes away from home, but not seeing them for 5 days was a little strange.  They had a great time with GG!

While the twins were at grandmas, my oldest son went to Taylor University Basketball Camp.  This is what he looked like when we dropped him off.  I swear he grew the week he was gone, and he came home loving basketball even more than ever!  I think he learned some new skills that he can hopefully put to use when basketball tryouts start.

While the boys were gone, my husband and I ate out every night.  We went to a real movie {no animation involved}.  We slept in most mornings.  I did not turn the dish washer on all week! I only did one load of laundry.  I went for a walk in my hand-me-down shoes from my oldest son.

 I pickled 6 jars of beets from our garden.  I did not grocery shop one time.  No one stole drinks from my hot coffee, or iced coffee, or diet dr. pepper.  I was in heaven most of the time.  But I really did miss my boys.

We are all back home together for 5 more relaxing days, then it's back to reality.  School. Lunches.  Bus stops.  Homework.  Football.  Meet the teacher night.  Schedules.  Routine.  I'm really looking forward to it!

No comments: