Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Highlights

We took a short trip to Tennessee to meet up with our church youth group.  They had over 90 teens and adults on this trip.  We stayed in dorm rooms, so the highlight for my kids was jumping on (dirty) mattresses.  I kept thinking how gross that was, but they didn't care.  The little blond in the middle is the son of the the youth department's secretary.  He reminds me so much of my oldest son at that age!  I get all sentimental around him, and I'm pretty sure he thinks I'm crazy!

Moose was really proud of the giant bubble he blew with his gum. And I love his hair in this picture.

When we got home, I had a project that I wanted done, so my oldest son said he would do the work if he could make some money.  He is saving money for shoes!  The kid loves shoes!  So he cleaned the siding on the back of our house, and it looks great! It was a green mossy substance that was growing, but now it's gone!

I made the boys sit in a long gas line with me.  The gas here was $2.98 and just down the street it was $3.59!  So we waited in line forever.  Then the pumps were going really slow!  It took about 10 minutes to pump 20 gallons of gas.  Seriously.  I kept telling the boys it was like saving $12.00, but they really didn't care.  The next day at Walmart gas was $2.97 and there was a really long line there too.  I don't understand gas pricing. at. all.

While at Walmart I saw the cutest Duck Dynasty shirt ever.  I want to get this for my future granddaughter who has no option but to love the outdoors!

This is our beehive we have at a friend's house.  I think it's time to add another super to the stack.  I am very excited to hopefully harvest some honey in the fall.  

I don't want to say this too loudly, because anything can happen.  But if everything works out, I will be kid free for 5 days next week!  My oldest is going to overnight basketball camp for 5 days at Taylor University.  Then my mom volunteered to keep the twins for 5 days and take them to her church's day camp.  I'm not sure what all I will do, but I am very excited about next week!!!

No comments: