Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Fall Break!

It's fall break time here in our town.  Our school district went to the balanced calendar schedule this year.  So we have 9 weeks of school then 2 weeks off for Fall Break.  Then this continues for Winter break and Spring break.  Very exciting times for us.  You have no idea how good it felt to sleep in this morning.  I work on Mondays and get up very early, so today was my first day to sleep in.

Because we had a very busy summer (with graduation, a wedding, and surgery) we only took a 3 day trip to Chicago and decided to save our real vacation for now.  So in a few days we are headed to Orlando, Florida and Walt Disney World.  The boys are so excited.  It has been about seven years since we were there last.  I am looking forward to sunshine and warmth (it got really cold here recently) and Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party!

While I should be packing for our trip, I have been doing everything but.  Today I made monkey bread for the kids, then I decided I needed to organize our cough drops, then I cleaned out a cabinet (I found 8 empty ball jars and a snowflake plate).  After that I tried to get bathing suits and goggles together which led to cleaning out a towel closet.  So I will probably be packing late night before we leave.

On a totally different subject, have you checked out the new NERF fire vision football?  My boys are totally loving this new game.  They are really into back yard football with all the neighbor boys right now.  And now when it gets dark, they can play a little longer.  I love their slogan...LIGHTS OUT! GAME ON!  I totally wish we had a basement where we could turn out the lights and send the boys down there in the dark when it's raining outside.  Oh well, a girl can dream.  I was sent the Nerf Fire Vision by being a BzzAgent.  Check out their website if you want to review fun products like this!!

No comments: