Sunday, March 31, 2013

Colorado in March

I may or may not have become addicted to making Instagram collages while we were in Colorado for Spring Break.  We were able to spend lots of time with Megan and Garret, and the boys did not want to come home.   It was a little cold and really snowy when we got there, but it started to warm up towards the end of the week.  We went to Bent's Old Fort one day.  It was a long drive, but it was a neat place once we got there.  My boys loved the gift shop, of course!  We lived in Colorado for five years from 1997-2002, and it is amazing how many places we never visited!

When we lived in Colorado, I loved the prairie dogs.  I know they are a real nuisance and most people do not like them, but I called them "my friends" and would get excited every time I saw them.  I also love love love Souper! Salad!.  It is the best restaurant ever invented.  I love salad, so this is the perfect place to eat (for me).  Although it is not very relaxing with three boys.  And the bottom picture is the first home I ever owned.  It is where I brought my first baby home, and we planted trees and grass, and finished the basement.  We had lots and lots of hours invested in this little home.  Then we sold it and moved to Indiana.


We decided to have craft night at Megan's house.  The boys had fun decorating Easter eggs, Steve made some apple jack for Garret, and Megan and I made beaded crosses.  Everything turned out really well.  We tried to come up with another craft the next night, but failed.

Lastly, I think this is my favorite picture of the whole trip.  We are riding on the back of the four wheeler while Megan is driving like a maniac!  If you look closely, you can see the dirt on Devin's teeth.  I was screaming like a crazy lady, but it was really fun!

No comments: