Tuesday, January 22, 2013

It's CoLd!!

The boys had a two hour delay this morning because it is so cold here.  Right now it is 7 degrees outside.  Luckily we can stand at the back door and watch for the bus, then they run outside to the sidewalk and hop on the bus.  I am grateful they don't have to wait outside in weather like this!

The Biggest Loser competition has started at my workplace.  I weighed in of Friday. UGH!  I think I've said before that I hate weighing myself.  I am 6 feet tall, so the number on the scale is always a big number.  I can usually tell by how my clothes fit when I gain or lose about 7 pounds.  And of course when I lose weight I feel much better all around. So I have eight weeks of weigh-ins.  The prize is $600.00, so if that is not motivation, I don't know what is.  Every month we have a birthday cake at work to celebrate the birthdays in that month.  Yesterday was cake day, and over half of it was left at the end of the day.  (Some months it is gone by lunchtime!)  I resisted the cake and snacked on celery and peanut butter instead.

We had our first Upward basketball games Saturday and everyone had a great time.  My husband, oldest son, and I are coaching the twin's team.  So we have nine 1st and 2nd grade boys and girls who are a hoot!

Today I am going to make a big pot of vegetable soup, and that will be what I eat for lunch all week.  Hopefully it will keep me full all afternoon and I won't be craving junk in the evening.  The hardest time for me is after dinner, especially if we don't have anywhere to go in the evening.  I will just keep going in and out of the kitchen and eat something every time.  Maybe we will go to the library tonight so I can stay out of the kitchen!

No comments: