Sunday, January 6, 2013

Perfect Day at Perfect North

We decided over Christmas break to go tubing at Perfect North.  It was about a 90 minute drive from our house.  Megan, Garret, the boys, and I all went; Steve was home in bed with a bad cold.  On the way down there the boys fought the entire time.  I was about ready to turn around and make them sit in their rooms all day, but I decided to keep going!   Once we got there, the fighting magically stopped.

The best thing about the tubing hills is the moving sidewalk that carries you and your tube up the hill.  I think they were very smart to put this in.  I always say that is the worst part of any kind of outdoor snowy activity involving a hill!


Once we got to the top of the hill, the boys would just sit in their tube and we would pull them along in line.  That also made me very happy.  There is nothing worse than being surrounded by whiny kids pulling on you!   We decided to get a two hour tubing pass, and it was the perfect amount of time for our group.



This little boy got really really cold.  They kept throwing snow (which I told them a million times not to!), so his gloves got soaking wet.  Wet gloves=cold cold hands!  So he didn't last the entire two hours.  I took him to the little heated snack bar, got him some nachos & cheese, and he was a happy happy boy!

Here is a group picture of all my kids!  The best part of the day was when we all linked tubes and went down the biggest hill together.  We went so fast and had a blast!  Even the kids from Colorado (who ski down real mountains!) said it was awesome.
Lookie here.  Lookie here.  Good times have come our way!

No comments: