Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Crazy weather!

Last week it was freezing cold here.  So cold we had a two hour delay one morning due to the below zero wind chill factor in the morning.  And then today it is in the 60's. Seriously, my boys are in the backyard playing basketball without coats.  This warm spell is supposed to last about 24 hours, then it's back to below freezing temperatures.  Crazy January weather here!


This morning after putting the kids on the bus, all I wanted to do was crawl back into bed. Then I saw my oldest son's math book and homework on the kitchen table.  What to do? Get back in bed or take the book to school.  I chose to be the nice mom and delivered the book and homework to school.  Then I stopped at a grocery store for a few things.  Then I climbed back in bed and didn't wake up until 11:15!  I must have needed some good sleep.  After my nap, I tried making coffee.  (I always microwave a touch of milk and flavored creamer to add to my coffee)  When I pushed the microwave buttons, I got nothing.  I checked the breaker and nothing.  It died.  So I had to heat up my milk the old school way.  And now after not having a microwave for a day, it's driving me crazy.  I went to Home Depot and bought a new one for my husband to install tonight.  Then while I was working on dinner, the microwave spontaneously turned back on.  So I don't know if I should take the new one back or not.  I'm sure my husband will decided what to do in this case.

No comments: