Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What is a LOOP meal?

One of the things Kathi Lipp talks about in her new book is a LOOP meal. LOOP stands for Left Overs On Purpose. This means one day you cook then using what is leftover, you have the start for another meal later in the week. My favorite LOOP meal (although I've never called it that until now) is chicken. I buy a large whole chicken and then roast it in the oven. My family usually eats about half of the chicken in one meal. Then I take the rest of the chicken off the bone, take the skin off, then store it in a Pyrex dish in the refrigerator. Later in the week, I will use that chicken to make a big pot of chicken and noodles and serve it with mashed potatoes. I love not wasting food or forgetting about it for weeks. This may take a little planning on your part, but it is definitely worth the time it takes!!

No comments: