Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year

I love a new year. A clean slate. An empty calendar. I think the one thing I learned in 2011 is that I am not in control. Imagine that. It took me 38 years to finally get it. My a-ha moment came in July when my son broke his leg. My very rowdy rambunctious son who never sits still for a moment. But we survived and God taught us many lessons. The most important being that He is in control. This is something I have to remind myself on a daily basis. It is God's agenda, not mine.
That being said, I do know what we have planned (I use that term very lightly) for the year 2012....so far!!

*In May, Megan will graduate from college. We just paid the last tuition bill for many years. Yahoo!!

*In June, Megan will marry her Colorado cowboy.

*In July, Dalton will have surgery to take his plate and screws out of his femur.

*On August 1st, the boys will start school. Our district is starting a balanced calendar for the 2012-2013 school year. They will have three 2 week breaks this year.

*In October (during one of the boy's breaks), we will be taking a trek to Disney World in Orlando.

And I am sure there will be many surprises to us along the way. Here's to a prosperous and happy 2012!!

No comments: